Lucious Jackson


Born in San Marcos, Texas, Lucious Jackson played college basketball at Pan American College and was a member the U.S. Olympic basketball team that won the gold at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Mr. Jackson is a very humble man. He doesn't offer up much information about his glory days as a basketball player. He once said he wants to be able to walk through a store and be unrecognized.Instead, he would rather be known as the amazing grandfather he is.

"This is how I like it," Jackson said. "I'm Lucious. I'm Luke. That's who I am. That's something I did, and I look at life that way. That way I'm at peace with myself, and I don't have to put on airs about myself. I know who I am. And that's a good thing to know who you are."



On September 24, 2016, San Marcos' Calaboose African American History Museum opened an exhibit in honor of Lucious Jackson. This exhibit features different documents, memorabilia and other notable items. February 18th at 1:30pm, Mr. and Ms. Jackson will be at the Calaboose African American History Museum (200 MLK Jr. Drive) for a closing reception. Following the reception, at 3pm, the party will continue on the basketball court at Dunbar park( 801 W. MLK Drive) and is free to all who wish to honor this wonderful man.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get the Home You Want

Why It’s a Great Time to Both Sell and Buy a Home in Central Texas

Top Real Estate Tips for Buyers and Sellers in 2017